What happened to the old website?
- We've changed our business strategy in 2017 to focus on new technologies. Unfortunately, that means we no longer offer downloadable PC games on our website. If you purchased digital games through our website in the past and require assistance, please feel free to email us. You can also still find some of our Legacy Originals titles:
- - on Steam
- - or on discs in Walmart stores
Having problems installing games?
- The installer requires for the user to have administrator rights to the PC. If you do not have admin rights on your PC user account, see below:
- 1. Click on Start or the Windows logo on your taskbar, typically located in the bottom left corner of the screen
- 2. Right-click on "My Computer," "Computer," or "This PC," then select Manage
- 3. A new screen will appear. Click on either the + or the arrow next to "Local Users and Groups" to expand the folder.
- 4. Click on the Users folder. Your user name should appear on the column to the right.
- 5. Right click on your user name and select properties
- 6. Click on the Member Of tab
- 7. Click on the Add button
- 8. Click on Advanced button
- 9. Click on Find Now button
- 10. Double click on Administrators on the search results list
- 11. Click OK until you exit out of all open windows
- 12. After following the steps below, try to reinstall the games
- If the actual installer screen still fails to start up the individual installers, you can try:
- 1. If you have Windows XP click on Start on the taskbar; if on Vista, Windows 7, 8.1, or 10, click on the Microsoft Logo on the taskbar
- 2. Choose "My Computer," "Computer," or "This PC" on the menu that pops up
- 3. Right-click on the CD/DVD drive where the disc is inserted, usually D: and choose Explore
- 4. Locate the folder fscommand and double-click to open
- 5. Locate the installer files, usually named "GameTitle.exe"
- 6. Drag the files one by one onto your desktop to copy the files onto your PC
- 7. Double-click these files to open them manually to start the installation process
Having problems with Windows 10?
- Windows 10 is brand new and known to have compatibility issues. However, it has built in compatibility settings. Please see below for instructions on how to activate Compatibility Mode:
- 1. Right-click on the game's icon
- 2. Select "Properties"
- 3. Select the "Compatibility" tab
- 4. Check the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
- 5. In the drop down menu, select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" or "Windows 7"
- 6. Check mark the following other options:
- a. Disable visual themes
- b. Disable desktop composition
- c. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings
- d. Run this program as an administrator
- Finally, depending on your computer's setup, you may also need to update your hardware-specific video drivers. To do so, please follow the below instructions:
- 1. Right-click on an empty part of your desktop
- 2. Select the "Screen Resolution" option
- 3. Click on "Advanced settings"
- 4. A new window should pop up with the name of your monitor and video card
- 5. In the Adapter tab, next to your video card name, click on "Properties"
- 6. Another new window should pop up. Click on the "Driver" tab.
- 7. Click on "Update Driver" then "Search automatically for updated driver software"
- 8. Follow the onscreen instructions
Receiving "Untrusted Publisher" error message?
- Microsoft recently added new security features to Windows that can block relatively uknown programs and publishers. Legacy Games is a small company that is trying to build its reputation with these new security features, but it may take some time. In the meanwhile, you can use these methods to download and install our games:
Trouble installing Nancy Drew games?
- The Nancy Drew games automatically install the latest Microsoft drivers to ensure the games run properly, but this might take some time. It is recommended that you close all other applications and let the installer run until completion, which may take up to 30-40 minutes depending on your computer. The progress bar may appear stalled during the installation of these drivers. If the progress bar appears to be stalled for more than 1 hour, please follow this guide below:
- 1. Click on Start or the Windows logo on your taskbar
- 2. Click on My Computer or Computer
- 3. Locate your DVD drive, typically labeled "(D:)"
- 4. Right-click on this Drive and select "Open" or "Explore"
- 5. Open the "fscommand" folder
- 6. Locate the folder with the name of the game you wish to install
- 7. Copy this folder from the disc to your desktop
- 8. Open the newly copied folder
- 9. Open the "Files" folder
- 10. Open the "Game" folder
- 11. Double click on the game name to start the game
- 12. Repeat with the other game title
What is your return or refund policy?
- We want our retail customers to be able to purchase our retail games with full confidence that the games they purchased will work, or we'll fix the issue. If we are not able to, we offer a full refund for the MSRP of the game. Please contact us here with what game you purchased, and what your issue is.
If you did not find an answer to your problem, contact us here.